Maybe you’re busy shopping for homes for sale in Auburn AL, or you just didn’t have time to run to the store and buy your usual cleaning supplies. If you’re out of your favorite cleanser, you probably have something in the kitchen that can take its place.
You most likely already know that baking soda and vinegar are great all-purpose cleaners. But did you know that many other kitchen staples are also excellent cleaners? Most are good for specific tasks, but they work just as well as–or better than–chemical cleaning supplies.
- Cola – Dump a can into your toilet and let it sit overnight to remove stains. In the morning, give your toilet a quick swish with the brush and then flush. Soak small metal items in cola overnight, rinse and wipe dry to remove surface rust.
- Potatoes – Clean rusty kitchenware with raw potatoes. Dip the cut side of a potato in baking soda and rub over rusty knives, cake pans and other metal utensils. Rinse and dry thoroughly.
- Ketchup – Use this acidic condiment to polish copper pots and brass items. Apply to the metal and let sit 5-10 minutes, then wipe off. The acid in the ketchup removes oxidation on the surface and creates a nice shine.
- Vodka – Remove grease-based stains by dabbing them with vodka. You can also use it in a spray bottle to deodorize pet odors in carpet and fabric. Be sure to test a small area first.
- Lemons or grapefruit – Mix the juice with baking soda to make a fresh-smelling natural paste cleanser for bathroom sinks and toilets.
- Peanut butter – The oil in peanut butter removes the sticky residue left behind from labels and price stickers. Use it on smooth surfaces such as glass and glazed ceramics.
- Mayonnaise – This helps remove white water rings from wood furniture. Wipe it on, let sit about an hour, and then rub until the spot disappears. Wipe off any excess with a clean cloth.
- Tomato juice – Fill your travel coffee cup with tomato juice and let sit about half an hour to remove stale coffee odors.
Try these natural cleaning tips in a new home from Rose Anne Erickson Realty. Call 706-257-1776 today to see our listings of homes for sale in Auburn AL.
Categorised in: Uncategorized
This post was written by Rose Anne Erickson