With the holiday season upon us, you may wonder if this is a good time to sell Columbus GA homes. Surprisingly, the holidays can be a great time to sell your home. There is less competition at this time of the year, and buyers are often more serious about making a purchase. Read on to find out why you should list your home for sale this holiday season.
- There are fewer homes on the market during the holidays. This means less competition to take attention away from your house. After the new year, more homes will go on the market and competition will steadily increase through the summer. List your home now and get a head start.
- Take advantage of holiday cheer. A home dressed up in holiday decorations may strike just the right emotional chord with buyers, appealing to their sentimental sense of home. Just don’t overdo it or make your decor too unusual. Stick with the tried and true to appeal to the broadest selection of buyers.
- Most people house-shopping during the holidays are in need of a home now. They aren’t just window-shopping as people in the summer may be. Even those who started looking for a home in the summer may not have found the right one yet. Yours could be it, but they won’t find it if it’s not on the market.
- Home purchases are often completed more quickly at this time of the year. Buyers who need to move within a short time frame, such as those being relocated or starting new jobs, will be motivated to close on the house as soon as possible.
- Because fewer homes are on the market in the winter, your real estate agent may have more time to devote to yours. Follow your agent’s advice for preparing your home to attract the best buyers.
Consult with our professionals at Rose Anne Erickson Realty to get your home listed for the holidays. Call us at 706-257-1776 to experience the advantage of working with us to buy and sell your Columbus GA homes.Tags: new homes columbus, new homes columbus ga
This post was written by Rose Anne Erickson