This month Smiths Station AL homes will be buzzing with preparations for the Thanksgiving feast. Instead of getting overwhelmed by everything that needs to be done, try these tips to make the day easier:
- At least a week or two before Thanksgiving, decide what you’ll be serving. Gather the recipes and slip them into clear page protectors to keep them clean while you cook.
- Ask guests to bring side dishes, desserts or beverages. Talk to them a few weeks ahead of time to plan the meal. Make a list to help you remember who’s bringing what.
- Collect as many ingredients and cooking utensils as you can in advance. Make sure you have the necessary spices, utensils, cooking vessels, serving pieces and pantry items.
- Prep as much as you can ahead of time. This includes chopping veggies, drying and cubing bread for stuffing and making gravy and cranberry sauce.
- Choose and lay out your serving dishes and utensils at least a day before the meal. Buy or ask to borrow the things you need. Label each serving dish with a slip of paper so you know what goes where.
- Clear out the fridge to make room for extra food before you go shopping. Put unneeded items in a cooler or spare refrigerator if you have one.
- Don’t be afraid to fill in your menu with premade foods purchased from the store. If you lack help or would rather talk to your guests than cook, this is a good option. You can also purchase entire meals from local restaurants or caterers.
- If you will need help, let people know what they can do. If you live alone, ask a friend or family member to help you host. Ask one person to serve drinks in order to avoid confusion.
- Have plastic containers ready to send leftovers home with guests, or ask them to bring their own. If you end up with a lot of leftovers, freeze some to provide a convenient and tasty meal on another day.
Next year you could be celebrating Thanksgiving in a brand new home. Call Rose Anne Erickson Realty today at 706-257-1776 to see our listings of Smiths Station AL homes.Tags: homes in smith station al, new homes in smith station alabama
This post was written by Rose Anne Erickson