Tips to Keep Your Desk Organized
May 9, 2020
With many of us working from our Columbus GA homes, it’s more important than ever to keep our desks organized. When everything has a place, we save time and get more work done. Perhaps more importantly, an organized desk helps us stay calm when life gets hectic.
Here are some ideas to keep your desk neat and orderly so you can get your work done on time:
- Toss out those old pens that barely make a mark on the page. Shred or recycle any papers you no longer need, and file the ones you should keep. If you have multiples of a durable item like staplers, keep the best one and donate the rest.
- After your desk is decluttered, group like items together. Determine the best way to store them. You might want to store pens and pencils in a shallow box in a drawer, or you may prefer to stand them in a container on the desk. Choose the method that works best for you. Just be sure to limit the number of items on the desk surface. You can never have too much clear work space!
- Purchase storage containers and organizers or repurpose household items such as small boxes or unused mugs. A cereal box cut at an angle and covered with contact paper makes a great holder for magazines or notebooks. Use a bookcase or a rolling organizer with drawers to store overflow items within easy reach.
- Add shelves above or beside the desk to hold books, stacks of paper or attractive storage containers. Don’t forget to add a few decorative items like plants or photos to personalize the space.
- Install a bulletin board or dry erase board on the wall where you can easily see it when seated at your desk. Use it to plan your work, post motivational quotes or jot down reminders.
Do you need a home with a dedicated office space? At Rose Anne Erickson Realty, we sell new homes designed for today’s lifestyles. Many of our homes come with a dedicated first-floor study or an upstairs bonus room that would be perfect for a home office.
Check out our open houses to find brand new homes with flexible office spaces. Record low mortgage rates mean that now is the perfect time to buy. Call Rose Anne Erickson Realty today at 706-257-1776 to tour our Columbus GA homes.Tags: new homes columbus, new homes columbus ga, Real Estate Jobs Columbus GA
This post was written by Rose Anne Erickson