- Make your bed – Do this first thing in the morning. It’s a great way to start your day by doing something productive.
- Welcome family and friends – Place a welcome mat outside your front door. Your friends and homes in Smiths Station AL neighbors will have a place to wipe their feet before coming inside.
- Remove your shoes – Take your shoes off as soon as you walk into your house. Your shoes track a lot of dirt, germs, and grime that you do not want in your home. Leave the shoes you wear the most in your front entryway. Include a storage rack to keep these organized.
- Clean while you cook – Clean as you go so there are less things to do once you have finished cooking. Wipe down your stovetop, countertops, sink, and appliances when you are done.
- Dishes, dishes, dishes – Load the dishwasher with dirty dishes and run it before going to bed at night. You do not want to wake up to a bunch of dishes in the sink or on the table or countertops. One you get up, unload the dishwasher before leaving for work.
- Use it and put it back – Once you are done using something put it back. This will help eliminate clutter and mess from accumulating.
- Too much laundry? – Do a load every couple of days or once a week to keep it from piling up. Fold and put away your items once they are out the dryer. This will help you avoid having a pile of clean clothes in your home.
- Set up a deep cleaning schedule – Have a time once every three to four weeks that you deep clean your home. This will include vacuuming, mopping, washing the windows, dusting, cleaning behind the refrigerator and inside it, under the sink, door handles, and other areas you have not gotten to during the other weeks.
Utilizing these tips will help you keep your home organized and tidy. If you are in the market for a new home give us a call at 706-257-1776. We have an array of homes in Smiths Station AL at Southern Oaks that are waiting for you.Tags: homes in smith station al, new homes in smith station alabama
This post was written by Rose Anne Erickson