Spring is here and sales of Auburn AL homes are heating up! If you want to get into a new home in Auburn this spring, you need to get your existing house ready to sell. One of the most important areas to focus on is the kitchen.
Take an honest look at your appliances, cabinets, walls and floors. Are they in good working order and reasonably updated? If not, you may want to fix or replace items that will cause buyers to balk. If there’s nothing obvious that buyers would object to, there are still some steps you should take to make your kitchen shine.
- Remove clutter. Keep dishes washed and put away, remove small appliances from the countertops, keep piles of mail and papers in a desk drawer, and store snacks and other food in the pantry. Clear off the front of the refrigerator. You want the kitchen to look as open and expansive as possible. Choose two or three attractive items that can stay out to make the space look inviting–perhaps a top-of-the-line coffeemaker on the countertop and a blooming orchid on the windowsill.
- Add or subtract a table or island. If you have a large table crammed into a small kitchen, move it to the dining room or replace it with a cute bistro set or a rolling island. Conversely, if you have a large open area at one end of your kitchen, adding a table can show buyers that it’s an eat-in kitchen.
- Thoroughly clean every surface including the sink and inside the appliances. Remove grease splatters from the wall or backsplash behind the stove. Clean the areas around light switches.
- Add or update lighting if your kitchen is dark. Clean the windows to let more sunshine in.
- Deodorize garbage disposals, sink drains and trash cans. Put orange peels or cucumber spears down the disposal to give your kitchen a fresh scent.
- Clean pet dishes and put them in an inconspicuous spot, or better yet remove them from the kitchen.
- Consider baking a batch of cookies before showings. Slice-and-bake cookies can make this easier. Just be careful not to burn them!
When your house is spruced up and ready to go on the market, call Rose Anne Erickson Realty at 706-257-1776. They can list your home and show you a beautiful, affordable selection of available Auburn AL homes.Tags: alabama, homes for sale opelika al, homes in opelika al, new homes opelika al
This post was written by Rose Anne Erickson