Why it’s Smart to List Your Home during the Holidays
December 21, 2016
Many people think it’s a waste of time to try to sell your home during the holidays. But if you need to sell your current house in order to buy one of the Midland GA new homes, there’s no reason to wait until the New Year to list your home for sale. Here are a few reasons why:
- Fewer Buyers – There may be fewer buyers in the market during the holidays, but the ones who are shopping are serious. Your home may be just the one they’re looking for – if you make it available.
- Fewer Homes – There are fewer homes on the market this time of year, which means less competition for you. That’s great news for you because less competition equals more money for your home!
- Avoid New Year Competition – More people put their homes up for sale right after the holidays. If you beat the rush by listing now, you’ll avoid that added competition, and make more on the sale.
- Holiday Décor Enhances Your Home – Holiday decorations put buyers in a good mood. Simple lighting outdoors and tasteful holiday décor indoors can seal the deal. Just make sure your home isn’t cluttered with too many items, so your buyers can picture their own holiday decorations in the space.
- More Time – Many buyers have more free time to look at properties during the holiday season, as opposed to a normal work week. More prospects means more chances someone will fall in love with your property and make an offer.
- Limited Showings – Real estate agents like the team at Rose Anne Erickson Realty will work with you to restrict showings to the times when you want it shown. You remain in control so you can enjoy those holiday parties and school pageants with your children.
- Wait to Move – Selling during the holidays gives you the opportunity to get more money for your home, and not have to physically move until January or February. If you wait until January to list, the whole process may drag out into the spring or even summer.
Contact Rose Anne Erickson Realty today at 706-257-1776 to learn about the Midland GA new homes for sale.Tags: new homes columbus, new homes columbus ga, new homes georgia
This post was written by Rose Anne Erickson