When buyers purchase new homes in Smith Station AL, one of the first things they want to do is decorate the living room. Whether you’ve just bought a new house or have lived in the same place for decades, you can use these tips to give your living room a more personalized look:
- Decide on a theme or mood. Look through design websites and magazines to get ideas. Do you want a colorful, easy-care family hangout or a serene atmosphere to help you relax at the end of the day? Knowing the look you want will help you achieve it faster.
- Assess what you already have. Which of your furniture pieces and décor items fits with your new theme? The things that don’t fit can either be repurposed to fit the new room, sold or donated to a worthy cause.
- Choose a paint scheme to fit your new design. Neutral colors like beige, gray or off-white will work with almost any theme. You can add more neutrals for a Zen feel or brighten the space with color.
- Consider an accent wall. You can create a focal point in the room by painting one wall, a different shade from the rest of the room. Another alternative is to wallpaper one wall or use another treatment like wood planks to create a unique look.
- Decide whether to change your flooring. Visit a flooring center to get a full idea of the wide range of options available, from carpet to hardwood or tile. Take samples home if possible to see how they look against your walls and adjacent flooring materials.
- Purchase new window treatments to coordinate with your updated décor. Now is the time to upgrade and get more function out of your window coverings. Thermal shades will keep out heat or cold. Room-darkening treatments are great for watching movies or taking a nap during the day.
- Now comes the fun part! Shop for new furniture and accessories that express the mood of your revamped room. You may want a new entertainment center. If you have kids with lots of toys, storage pieces might be a priority. If you prefer a minimalist retreat, you may want only one or two new pieces. Once you have the basics, grab some new throw pillows, lamps and artwork for the finishing touch!
If you’re looking for a new home to customize with your own style, call Rose Anne Erickson Realty today at 706-257-1776 to see their listings of homes in Smith Station AL.Tags: homes in smith station al, new homes in smith station alabama
This post was written by Rose Anne Erickson