How to Buy the Right Furniture for Your New Home
January 19, 2020
Part of the fun of buying new Columbus GA homes is choosing brand new furniture for the house. While it’s tempting to rush out and buy whatever appeals to you, it’s better to use some advance planning and a few guidelines to get the most from your investment.
- Start by measuring your rooms, noting the location of windows, doorways, fireplaces, radiators or other features that affect furniture placement. Make a sketch with measurements in a small notepad that you can take with you to the store.
- When you go shopping, take a small tape measure to measure to make sure your chosen pieces will fit in the room you want to furnish. You may want to sketch possible furniture layouts in your room diagrams to help focus your shopping efforts.
- Be sure to sit on sofas and chairs for a few minutes to see if they’re comfortable for you. Choose a neutral colored sofa that you can accessorize as your décor changes through the years.
- Buy wisely. When shopping for large, expensive pieces like sofas, beds and armoires, look for well-made items that will last for years. You can be less selective on small inexpensive pieces like end tables or lamps.
- Have a budget and stick to it. Find ways to compromise on less important things if necessary.
- Don’t get in a rut with matched sets. Go with that look if you love it, but it isn’t necessary to buy an entire suite of matching furniture. Mix and match to create your own personal style.
- Be practical. A delicate white sofa is not the best choice if you have pets or kids or you plan to have them in the near future. Take your time and shop around to find the best furniture for your new home.
Rose Anne Erickson Realty can help you find a dream home that you’ll love to furnish. We have listings in the most popular Columbus GA new home communities, including Riverbrook, Wrenwood and Lexington Hills. These communities offer new homes in a range of price points and floor plans so you can find the perfect one for you and your family. Call 706-257-1776 today to tour our listings of new Columbus GA homes.Tags: new homes columbus, new homes columbus ga
Categorised in: how to buy new furniture for home
This post was written by Rose Anne Erickson