How to Attract Home Buyers
June 29, 2016
When you decide to sell your home, your first goal should be to attract as many potential buyers as possible. That’s because the more buyers that show an interest in your home, the more likely it will be for someone to submit an offer. So how can you get more people to see your property and fall in love with it? Here are some easy tips on how to attract home buyers to your home.
- Improve your home’s curb appeal – One sure way to attract buyer interest is to make sure the exterior of your home looks appealing. It’s worth your time to drive around your block and come back to take an objective look at your home, including the driveway and landscaping. Keep in mind that prospective home buyers may have viewed many houses for sale. It’s important that your home looks attractive, so it has an excellent chance to stand out from the competition.
- Make necessary repairs – The time for handling minor repairs is before a prospective buyer walks in the door. You’ll probably have to tackle repairs before you close on the sale anyway. So it’s best to fix any leaky faucets or remove carpet stains now to boost the appeal of your home.
- Add incentives – You can also generate more interest in your home by adding incentives. Adding some appealing items like a home theater system, pool table or new flooring can make all the difference in getting a sale. Just be sure to properly include all of your upgrades on the seller disclosures.
- Make your home easy to show – The key to attracting more potential buyers is giving them more opportunities to walk through your home. Avoid being too restrictive on viewing times. Make sure your trusted real estate agent has a key to your home so the property can be shown when you are not there or are unavailable.
- Make buyers feel at home – Want to make a lasting impression on buyers? Stage areas of your home that you wish to highlight to prospects. For instance, display your china and an attractive centerpiece on your dining room table. Set out bowls of fruit on the kitchen counter along with an open cookbook. You can also appeal to a buyer’s sense of smell by offering freshly baked treats.
For more home selling ideas, contact your Rose Anne Erickson Realty agent today, or visit our website to obtain a free market evaluation of your home in Phenix City.Tags: new homes columbus, new homes georgia
This post was written by Rose Anne Erickson