Give Holiday Decorations New Life for New Year’s Eve
December 22, 2017
New homes in Auburn, AL are the perfect backdrop for beautiful holiday decorations. After the holidays are over, why not make those decorations last a little longer by tweaking them to celebrate the New Year? Here are seven clever ways to do just that:
- Redecorate the tree – Leave it up, but remove all red and green ornaments and those that are distinctly Christmas-related. Add metallic and glass icicles, gold and silver ornaments, paper clocks, stars, cutout numbers or miniature disco balls for a definite New Year’s Eve feel.
- Switch Up the Wreaths – Remove the red and green ribbons and holly berries. Add a metallic silver bow, then spray paint or highlight the pinecones in a white or metallic hue and add silver ornaments or tinsel for a fresh new look.
- Light up the Night – While multicolored lights practically shout “Christmas,” white or blue lights can illuminate mantels, tree branches and railings to welcome the New Year. Use them to light a DIY photo booth, or fill glass vases and jars with strands of lights. Arrange small branches in empty champagne bottles spray-painted silver or gold, then decorate with white lights.
- Add Shine With Ornaments – Pack away the red and green ones, but keep white, silver, gold, blue, purple and other “winter” colors handy. They can be piled in a basket or collected in a clear glass vase to decorate tables and mantels to add a festive touch to your New Year’s Eve party. Hang shiny ornaments from the dining room chandelier to reflect the light.
- Repurpose Tinsel – Wrap silver or gold tinsel around the edges of party hats or cut off a small piece to make pom-poms for the tops of hats. Embellish baskets, mantels, buffets or tablescapes with lengths of tinsel.
- Reuse Wrapping Paper – Run leftover paper through a shredder to make confetti, or cut unused rolls of wrapping paper into long strips to hang in windows or doorways as streamers. Use lengths of paper for table runners or wrap small pieces around cardboard tubes to make party poppers.
- Let it Snow – Snowmen, icicles and snowflakes are appropriate all winter long. Leave your snow-themed decorations out to add seasonal cheer to your New Year’s Eve party.
If you’d like to purchase a new home in 2018, Rose Anne Erickson Realty has a selection of new homes in Auburn AL that will be perfect for showing off your decorating skills at next year’s New Year’s Eve party.Tags: new homes columbus, new homes georgia, Real Estate Jobs Columbus GA
This post was written by Rose Anne Erickson