Fourth of July Party Ideas
June 25, 2019
This Independence Day, new homes in Auburn AL will be filled with the sights and sounds of celebration. Flags will fly, grills will be fired up, fireworks will light up the sky and you’ll see plenty of red, white and blue. Make your Fourth of July party even more special with these fun ideas:
- Set the right mood with patriotic décor. Go traditional and decorate your home and yard with flags, bunting and banners. Or go contemporary with a minimalist red, white and blue color scheme using a white tablecloth, blue napkins and red plastic cups. Dress up your table with a centerpiece of red, white and blue flowers or miniature flags.
- Keep the food easy so you can enjoy the party with your guests. Prepare as much in advance as you can, or ask guests to contribute a dish. Limit your party-time cooking to the essential grilling tasks.
- Make or purchase a showpiece dessert. Try a Fourth-of-July themed cake or a fruit pie with strawberries and blueberries. For something lighter, consider a red, white and blue layered gelatin dessert.
- Supplement the main dessert with refreshing treats like ice cream sandwiches, Italian ice or popsicles.
- Offer a variety of drinks with or without alcohol. Lemonade and iced tea are great either way! Keep bottles of water and cans of beverages handy in an ice-filled cooler so guests can help themselves.
- Use unbreakable, reusable dinnerware and glasses in festive colors and patterns.
- Provide plenty of shaded seating for your guests. Have an indoor option in mind if the weather looks iffy.
- Set up a few party games like cornhole, badminton, bocce or horseshoes. If kids are invited, fill up a few water balloons for them to toss around.
- Create a festive evening glow with strings of lights or tiki torches around the seating area. If you have a fire pit, bring out supplies for s’mores, hot dogs or mountain pies for your guests to enjoy while watching the night sky for fireworks.
Looking for a home with a perfect backyard for summer entertaining? Call Rose Anne Erickson Realty today at 706-257-1776 to schedule a tour of our great listings of new homes in Auburn AL.Tags: homebuilder auburn al, resale homes for sale auburn al
This post was written by Rose Anne Erickson