Easy Spring Cleaning Hacks
April 5, 2020
Spring is here and we naturally want to clean and freshen our homes in Phenix City AL. What we don’t want is to spend a lot of time and effort doing it. Luckily there are plenty of ways to make spring cleaning chores a little bit easier.
Here are a few hacks to simplify your spring cleaning routine:
- Before you turn on your ceiling fans for the first time, dust them easily by slipping an old pillowcase over each blade and then using the inside surface to wipe dust off the blade. The dust will be contained within the pillowcase, which you can then discard or wash.
- Freshen curtains by throwing them in the dryer with a damp towel and using the air fluff setting. For sturdy fabrics, vacuum off dust with a handheld attachment.
- Dust mini blinds by putting on a cotton glove and running your fingers along each slat. You can also wrap a small microfiber cloth around each side of a pair of kitchen or barbecue tongs and slide them along each slat, cleaning the top and bottom in one pass.
- Use a vacuum cleaner hose to vacuum dust and cobwebs from windowsills. Then clean each window with a half and half solution of water and vinegar. Use a squeegee to wipe off excess without leaving streaks.
- Clean food storage cabinets before stocking up again. Take out contents and use a handheld vacuum tool to sweep up crumbs and dust. Finish with a damp soapy rag, let dry and replace your items.
- Organize storage container lids by dividing drawers with small tension rods and standing the lids on end between them. Or repurpose tissue or food boxes or even unused plastic containers to hold lids in one place.
Start fresh this spring with a new home in Willow Trace. You’ll find this community to be a peaceful oasis with convenient access to HWY 431, Phenix City and Ft. Benning. Three floor plans are available, with each one having several options for customization. These 2-story homes range from 2,113 to 2,597 square feet and have 4-5 bedrooms, 2.5-3 baths and 2-car garages. All are reasonably priced from $168,900-185,700.
With today’s low interest rates these homes are a great deal!
Call Rose Anne Erickson Realty today at 706-257-1776 to see our listings of new homes in Phenix City AL.Tags: new homes in phenix city, realtor in phenix city al
Categorised in: easy cleaning hacks
This post was written by Rose Anne Erickson
Comments are closed here.