Clever Mudroom Seating Ideas
August 11, 2019
School is about to start again, which means it’s time to prepare homes in Auburn AL for the daily school commute. In many homes families enter and exit through a mudroom between the garage and the rest of the house. The mudroom is often where backpacks and coats are stored and where kids and adults sit down to change shoes twice a day or more.
One of the best ways to make this space more comfortable is to install a handy bench. Unlike chairs, benches can do double duty as both seating and storage. Here are some great ways to incorporate bench seating into your mudroom:
- Built-in individual benches with cubbies above and below are best for optimizing storage space. The tall upper cubbies can include hooks for coats and backpacks and a high shelf for hats and gloves. The lower cubbies can store shoes. With any bench, adding cushions or pillows makes it even more inviting.
- One long built-in bench with open storage below can create a sleek, uncluttered look. If you want to store things under the bench, use attractive baskets or bins. This solution works well on a long wall with windows above the bench.
- If a casual farmhouse feel is your decorating vibe, try a rustic antique bench with baskets beneath it. Just make sure it’s sturdy enough for kids and their belongings.
- In a small mudroom, save space with a simple bench built into a short end wall or angled across a corner. A bench like this can be used as a reading nook if it has comfortable cushions, adequate lighting and is in a quiet, out of the way area.
- Create a room divider with a built-in bench and cubby unit that projects from the wall at a 90 degree angle. This will allow you to create a mudroom from a wide back hallway or larger space.
- Create a homework space with a bench and desk combo. Fill the desk with supplies and designate a place for kids to keep backpacks nearby.
This fall, get into a new home that has the ideal mudroom for your family. Call Rose Anne Erickson Realty at 706-257-1776 to see our listings of spacious family homes in Auburn AL.Tags: homebuilder auburn al, resale homes for sale auburn al
Categorised in: Design Tips
This post was written by Rose Anne Erickson
Comments are closed here.