Clever Hacks for Shoe Storage
May 28, 2019
It’s spring cleaning and organizing time for Midland GA homes. One of the toughest organizing challenges is how to store all those shoes that clutter the bottom of the closet. Instead of letting them pile up in a jumbled mess, try one of these methods to get your shoes in order this spring:
- Put up an over-the-door pocket organizer. These have clear plastic pouches so you can quickly see every shoe at a glance. These work best on standard size doors. If you have bi-fold or sliding doors, you can try hanging it on the closet rod.
- Is your closet short on space? How about an under the bed storage box to stash your shoes out of sight? As an added bonus, the lid keeps your shoes dust-free.
- If you wear tall boots, invest in a boot rack. It has supports to keep boot tops standing up so they don’t flop over and form creases.
- A rolling shoe caddy works well if you frequently need to move your shoes out of the way to access other areas of the closet.
- For an elegant look, have shelves built into your closet. The great feature of this option is that you can have shelves at any height so they are easily within reach.
- A simple open tote, bag or basket works well for lightweight, inexpensive shoes like flip slops, slippers or cheap sneakers.
- Tall, narrow pocket shoe organizers that hang from the closet rod are true space-savers. They don’t use any floor space, so they’re perfect for the smallest closets.
- Stackable shoe racks let you build a shoe storage system that can expand as your shoe wardrobe grows. These are best for closets with plenty of room.
- If you don’t want to buy anything new, try repurposing a bookcase, storage bench or small dresser into a one-of-a-kind shoe rack. Add a creative touch with paint to make it uniquely yours.
Put on your walking shoes and let Rose Anne Erickson Realty give you a tour of new homes with great closet space. Call 706-257-1776 today to see our listings of Midland GA homes.Tags: homebuilder midland ga, homes for sale midland ga
This post was written by Rose Anne Erickson