Change of Address Checklist: Who to Notify Before and After Your Move
November 20, 2015
Are you moving to one of the beautiful new homes for sale in Fortson, GA. If you are thinking of moving or in the process there are a lot of things to consider besides packing and reserving the truck. Changing your address may be the last thing on your mind. Here is a list that will help you prioritize which companies to notify before and after your move.
The first and most important change of address you need to make is with the United States Postal Service. You can do this online at usps.org or at your nearby post office.
Before the Move
Notify these companies of your change of address before your move so that they can transfer your services to your new home.
- Electric and Gas company
- Trash and Waste
- Cable and/or Satellite
- Pest control
- Home security
After the Move
You will need to change your address with these important government agencies following your move.
- Internal Revenue Service
- Department of Motor Vehicles
- Social Security Administration
- Department of Veterans Affairs
- U.S. Customs and Immigration Services
- Voter Registration Office
- Banks/Credit unions including credit card companies
- Investment brokers
- Lenders (automotive, home, personal, etc.)
- Credit reporting agencies
Now that the government and bill collectors know your new address you will also want to let the following to know as well.
- Medical (doctor, dentist, optometrist, pharmacy, insurance company, etc.)
- Automotive/Medical insurance companies
- Professional Associations (clubs, church, etc.)
- Licensing and Certification boards
- Schools and Daycare
- Magazine and Newspaper subscriptions
- Friends and family
Keeping these recommendations in mind will help to ensure your mail, utilities, etc. will be ready to go for your move into one of the beautiful homes for sale in Fortson, GA.Tags: new homes columbus, new homes columbus ga, new homes georgia
This post was written by Rose Anne Erickson