Walk into one of the new homes in Columbus GA and you’re sure to notice it: that new house smell! Fresh paint, carpeting and even woodwork tell your nose that this is a pristine, clean home. While it’s not practical to retain the scent of a newly built home, there are ways to make your house smell fresh and clean no matter how long you’ve lived there.
- Give it a good cleaning. We all lead busy lives, and that means we have little time to do more than our regular dusting and vacuuming. If your house is starting to smell less than fresh, start by giving it a good deep cleaning. There are many naturally scented products available to help you freshen the air in your home while you dust, mop and vacuum.
- If vacuuming with a scented carpet powder doesn’t do the trick, rent or buy a carpet cleaner and give your carpets a good scrubbing.
- Kitchen odors can permeate the whole house. Clean out the fridge and freezer, scrub sinks and use a deodorizing product in the garbage disposal. Get rid of any overripe produce in bins or on the counter. Scrub and air-dry trash cans and mop the floor with a lemon or pine scented cleaner.
- Dirty laundry piled in hampers or on floors can emit unpleasant odors. Keep the laundry up to date, including washing bedding regularly.
- Don’t forget your pets! Wash their bedding frequently and bathe dogs or use dry pet shampoo when they start to have a noticeable odor.
- Take time to give bathrooms a deep cleaning with a deodorizing product. Ventilate the space well if you are using products containing bleach or strong chemicals.
- Use a dehumidifier in the basement during the spring and summer. Musty odors can enter the living spaces and make them smell unpleasant.
- Once the house has been thoroughly cleaned, consider using an air purifier to keep it smelling fresh.
- For an extra touch, use an essential oil diffuser, simmering potpourri or candles to add your favorite scent. Use all three carefully and monitor them while in use.
Contact Erickson Realty today to find new homes in Columbus GA that you can fill with lovely scents using these tips!Tags: new homes columbus, new homes columbus ga, Real Estate Jobs Columbus GA
This post was written by Rose Anne Erickson