Summer is here which means it is time for barbecues, pool parties, and other outdoor celebrations. Whether it is a deck or a patio you are looking for in one of the Midland, GA homes for sale, Erickson Realty has plenty of floor plans to meet your family’s needs. Here are 20 ways to add shade to your favorite outdoor spot.
- Add a gazebo at the end of your deck for welcomed shade from the hot Georgia sun.
- An open roof area on your deck or patio will add colorful shade in the summer heat while allowing light during the winter. The open roof accommodates a fire pit perfectly on those chilly fall nights.
- Create a pergola with a Bohemian feel out of rope to hang plants. The plants will give a dappled shade.
- A pergola extension is a perfect addition on a deck or porch that is south or west facing. It will add many square feet of summer comfort.
- A cedar pergola is long lasting and beautiful. Put it at the far side of a deck and it will allow plenty of light into the home.
- Add decorative vines to soften the lines of the pergola while still giving you more shade.
- You can also add a flowering plant like bougainvillea, to provide a luxurious cascade of flowers and shade.
- Add a decorative canvas tent, if are concerned about the little ones spending too much time in the sun. You can put it in the back yard or on the deck.
- Build a patio in the trees for instant shade! If you live in an area with mature trees take advantage of the shade.
- Plant bananas trees (musa basioo) for some extra shade. They can grow two feet per week during warm weather. These plants will eventually top out at somewhere between 12 and 18 feet.
- If your deck is already pretty shade brighten it up with a brightly colored sailcloth over head.
- Add a small pergola to a compact deck or patio coupled with some palm trees to additional shade.
- Add neutral toned fabric on a pergola to give it the appearance of an Egyptian tent in the desert.
- A pergola with container gardens filled with sun-loving plants will create an abundance of shade.
- Add cabanas with shade-cloth covers and comfy daybeds for the ultimate in relaxation.
- Add a patio under your deck for the ultimate shade from the summer heat.
- A retractable awning added to your deck or porch will allow you to enjoy as well as entertain in the shade during the day and enjoy the stars at night.
- Strips of fabric overhead can give the same effect as a wooden pergola with an added soft elegance.
- Shade cloth covers creating a curtain on a bold wooden pergola creates a quiet, cool relaxation area on the patio.
- Bamboo across the top of a pergola creates dappled shade with a zen feel.
Call Erickson Realty to check out the quality built Midland, GA homes for sale today!Tags: new homes columbus, new homes columbus ga, new homes georgia
This post was written by Rose Anne Erickson