The 15 Best Restaurants in Columbus GA
April 16, 2016
Have you been spending a lot of time looking at homes in Columbus GA to buy? Spending a full-day of house-hunting is a good way to work up an appetite. It’s a good thing there is no shortage of good eats to be found in the city. Here are 15 of the best restaurants in Columbus, serving up everything from classic Southern dishes to exotic Asian fare.
- Minnie’s Uptown Restaurant – In the mood for some rib-sticking, soul food? Stop by the cafeteria-style Minnie’s for tender, crunchy fried chicken served right, with sides of mac ‘n cheese, collard greens, biscuits and gravy, plus sweet tea and a slice of pie.
- Ezell’s Catfish Cabin – When your taste buds are craving that quintessential Southern delicacy hushpuppies – come to Ezell’s. These sweet and savory puppies get an extra kick from infused jalapeno peppers. Enjoy them along with homemade slaw and the main course: deep-fried, succulent catfish.
- Sumo Sushi – This mom and pop-style sushi shop serves up the main fare along with Japanese Bento Boxes and sashimi. It’s affordable Japanese food that’s also delicious!
- Burt’s Butcher Shoppe & Eatery – For excellent steak without the frills and expense, come to Burt’s. This family-owned restaurant serves up a tender 10 oz. filet with fried okra and mashed potatoes that can’t be beat.
- Epic Restaurant – Fans of upscale New American cuisine love to dine at Epic. The rotating menu means there are always new and seasonal options from Chef Melissa Keating, like pumpkin brulee and vanilla poached lobster tail.
- La Mexicana – The next time you have a craving for authentic Mexican cuisine, come to La Mexicana for favorites like enchiladas, burritos and tacos, served on soft corn tortillas, wth cilantro, onions and chorizo or carne asada. You’ll exclaim, “Muy Bueno” in no time!
- The Black Cow – You might think this restaurant serves only beef, but that’s just for starters. You’ll find everything good about Georgia cooking here, including seafood, savory grits, steaks and classic Southern sides like creamed corn, collards and green beans.
- Downstairs at the Loft – Affordable but gourmet takes on classic dishes are among the features at this Columbus staple. Try their burgers smothered in goat cheese or tacos served with tempura fried shrimp and a zesty chili glaze. You won’t be disappointed.
- Skipper’s Seafood – Diet conscious diners should put calorie counting on hold when they come to Skipper’s. This is fried food heaven – tomatoes, shrimp, alligator, and more – all served in a no-nonsense, cafeteria-style dining space.
- Pho Vy II – You wouldn’t think soup would be a standalone meal, but that’s only because you haven’t had “pho” (pronounced “fuh”) yet. This Vietnamese soup is the specialty of the house. Take beef-based broth, add in huge rice noodles, basil, bean sprouts, onions and other veggies and seasonings. Finally, top it off with tender, smoky brisket, steamed spring rolls and bubble tea, and you’re good to go.
- Buckhead Bar & Grill – This Columbus dining spot hits all the right notes for area residents – serving up steak, seafood and one of the best brunches around, where you’ll find that uniquely Southern creation, chicken and waffles, as well as a fabulous open-faced brisket sandwich topped with a runny, sunny side egg.
- Taj Mahal Restaurant – When you’re in the mood for authentic Indian cuisine, the Taj Mahal can’t be beat. Stock up on rice and meat biryanis, street-style Indian fried food and piping hot naan during the lunch buffet. Or add on sides of naan and samosa at dinner time to favorites like spicy chicken tikka masala and assorted curries.
- Smokey Pig Barbecue – There are plenty of great BBQ options in Columbus, but this unassuming-looking restaurant ranks among the best. Here you’ll find mustard-based, oak-smoked pork, along with pickles, homemade vinegar-based slaw and white bread stacked high on the side.
- Chili Thai – Spice lovers adore the heat at Chili Thai. Savor Thai classics like beef pad Thai, drunken noodles and savory tom yum coconut-based soup. But be warned – order food with a heat level above “two chilies” at your own risk.
- Mercy’s Jamaican Kitchen – This tiny, six-table restaurant packs a big punch of flavor with Jamaican delicacies like home-cooked oxtails, beef patties, curries and jerk chicken. Add on ample sides like rice and beans, mac ‘n cheese and slaw to round out your meal.
Contact your trusted real estate agent today to make one of the lovely homes in Columbus GA yours!Tags: new homes columbus, new homes columbus ga, new homes georgia
Categorised in: Community Info
This post was written by Rose Anne Erickson
Comments are closed here.