12 Summer Decorating Tips for Your Outdoor Living Spaces
June 24, 2018
Summer is here and Midland GA homes are showing off their outdoor living spaces. Porches, patios and decks are prime territory for relaxing on a summer evening or hosting a family barbeque. Here are some ways to get ready for summer fun in your outdoor spaces:
- The right furniture is key to creating a comfortable outdoor space. For casual style on a budget, grab a few brightly colored molded plastic chairs. If your style is more high-end, look for substantial wicker, wrought iron or wood chairs and sofas.
- Tables. Provide a place for drinks, potted plants or citronella candles by placing a small table or stand in the seating area. Add a larger table to create a place to enjoy outdoor meals.
- Potted plants. Take advantage of the growing season by putting up hanging baskets of ferns or annuals on your porch or deck. Add a few container plantings and bring your heat-tolerant houseplants outdoors to enjoy the fresh air and sunshine.
- A colorful rug can make a porch feel more homelike. If a rug is not your style, you can brighten the space by painting a geometric or floral design on the porch floor.
- Porch swing. What can be more romantic than swaying on a porch swing on a balmy summer night? If your space is small, a hanging chair or even a rocker can provide almost the same effect.
- Fire pit. If your neighborhood allows them, fire pits offer a nice place to gather at night and perhaps roast a hot dog or make s’mores. Purchase a prefab metal ring or go all out with a masonry fire pit with landscaped surround.
- Bar cart. You’ll want something to drink while you enjoy the outdoors, so provide a handy place to keep an ice bucket and tongs, glasses, napkins, straws, stirrers and other supplies. Make it as casual or fancy as you like.
- Storage bench. Keep small gardening tools, kids’ or pets’ toys and sports equipment handy in an attractive bench that does double duty as overflow seating.
- Privacy panels. Give your porch, patio or deck a cozy feel with privacy panels made of wood or vinyl lattice, shutters, canvas blinds or even plants such as vining flowers or evergreens.
Make the most of summer in a brand new home! Call Rose Anne Erickson Realty at 706-257-1776 to learn more about their listings of Midland GA homes.Tags: homebuilder midland ga, homes for sale midland ga, new homes midland ga
Categorised in: decorating tips for outdoor spaces, Design Tips
This post was written by Rose Anne Erickson
Comments are closed here.