Summer is here and Midland GA homes are showing off their outdoor living spaces. Porches, patios and decks are prime territory for relaxing on a summer evening or hosting a family barbeque. Here are some ways to get ready for summer fun in your outdoor spaces:
- The right furniture is key to creating a comfortable outdoor space. For casual style on a budget, grab a few brightly colored molded plastic chairs. If your style is more high-end, look for substantial wicker, wrought iron or wood chairs and sofas.
- Tables. Provide a place for drinks, potted plants or citronella candles by placing a small table or stand in the seating area. Add a larger table to create a place to enjoy outdoor meals.
- Potted plants. Take advantage of the growing season by putting up hanging baskets of ferns or annuals on your porch or deck. Add a few container plantings and bring your heat-tolerant houseplants outdoors to enjoy the fresh air and sunshine.
- A colorful rug can make a porch feel more homelike. If a rug is not your style, you can brighten the space by painting a geometric or floral design on the porch floor.
- Porch swing. What can be more romantic than swaying on a porch swing on a balmy summer night? If your space is small, a hanging chair or even a rocker can provide almost the same effect.
- Fire pit. If your neighborhood allows them, fire pits offer a nice place to gather at night and perhaps roast a hot dog or make s’mores. Purchase a prefab metal ring or go all out with a masonry fire pit with landscaped surround.
- Bar cart. You’ll want something to drink while you enjoy the outdoors, so provide a handy place to keep an ice bucket and tongs, glasses, napkins, straws, stirrers and other supplies. Make it as casual or fancy as you like.
- Storage bench. Keep small gardening tools, kids’ or pets’ toys and sports equipment handy in an attractive bench that does double duty as overflow seating.
- Privacy panels. Give your porch, patio or deck a cozy feel with privacy panels made of wood or vinyl lattice, shutters, canvas blinds or even plants such as vining flowers or evergreens.
Make the most of summer in a brand new home! Call Rose Anne Erickson Realty at 706-257-1776 to learn more about their listings of Midland GA homes.Tags: homebuilder midland ga, homes for sale midland ga, new homes midland ga
This post was written by Rose Anne Erickson