Wed, 01 Dec 2010 by Rose Anne Erickson RealtyYard Sales. Yard, garage and estate sales are a great way to find holiday decorations for your new home in Columbus, GA, Phenix City, AL, or the Fort Benning area. You can find holiday treasures as well as other gently used items for your home at great bargain prices. Shop early for the best finds and deals.
Tue, 16 Nov 2010 by Rose Anne Erickson Realty
Since the Fort Benning area is about to boom with the BRAC military relocation of soldiers from Fort Knox to Fort Benning, why not use a realtor to make the relocation services to Columbus, GA and Phenix City, AL easier, quicker and less frustrating?
1. A realtor in Columbus, GA, Phenix City, AL or the Fort Benning area, like those at Rose Anne Erickson Realty, can help you determine how much buying power you have. The realtor can help you decide how much you can afford to spend on a new home. A realtor also knows the area very well. He or she already knows real estate values, taxes, utility costs and any recent zoning changes that might factor into your decision to buy a home in the Fort Benning Area.
2. Realtors in Phenix City, AL, Columbus, GA and the Fort Benning area have a great deal of search resources available to help you narrow down choices for your new home. By determining your buying needs for a new home, a realtor can help find a home for you that already has the style, features, location, shopping, schools, etc. that make your new home a perfect match for you.
3. A realtor in the Fort Benning Area can guide you through the home buying process. The realtor can help with buying negotiations, property evaluations and inspections, financing options, applying for a new home loan and all the paper work involved in the process. A realtor’s knowledge of the buying process can help answer any questions, solve any problems that arise and make the process as quick and easy as possible. A good realtor can make all the difference in the home buying process for new home owners.
4. A good realtor can also guide you through the closing, settlement and escrow process. Even thought the closing process is sometimes a confusing and nerve-wracking time for new home buyers, a realtor in Columbus, GA, Phenix City, AL and the Fort Benning area can make sure everything runs smoothly and there are no last minute surprises. It’s always nice to have an expert realtor, like those at Rose Anne Erickson Realty, by your side when closing on a large investment, like a new home.
5. A realtor in the Forth Benning Area can make the move easier by providing relocation services to Columbus, GA and Phenix City, AL. Services from Erickson Realty include a relocation packet that provides a wide variety of information about the surrounding area you are moving to. Packets make it simple to find churches, entertainment activities, restaurants and schools. Relocation packets also contain all the information for flights, hotels, real estate, rentals and anything else you might need to help make the move to Fort Benning as easy as possible.
Tue, 02 Nov 2010 by Rose Anne Erickson Realty
Whether you have just relocated to your new home in Columbus, GA or are thinking of relocating to the Fort Benning Area, there is always something to do here. There is always more than just fine real estate in Columbus, GA to enjoy. Try one of these activities for a taste of local flavor.
1. Columbus Cottonmouths hockey. Catch one of the Cottonmouth’s indoor hockey games at the Columbus Civic Center October through March.
2. Coco Cola Space Science Center. Check out one of the Columbus State University interactive exhibits at the Plaza or the Challenger Learning Center. See an educational show at the Omnisphere Theatre or star gaze at the Mead Observatory
3. Columbus Riverwalk. Commune with nature on a 12 mile trail that winds from Bay Avenue to Lake Oliver. Enjoy the park, rope bridges and fishing spots or hike the length of the trail by foot or bicycle.
4. Maple Ridge Golf Club. Tee off at the course designed by 1987 Mater’s winner and Columbus dweller Larry Mize. Open year round for members and guests, the club offers rates to individuals, families and students.
5. Springer Opera House. Georgia’s State Theatre showcases more than opera at the preserved and renovated 1871 Springer Opera House. Today the house also gives building tours, hosts a Main Stage and Studio II, second-stage, productions, as well as acts as a home for the Springer Theatre Academy and Theatre on Tour for rising student actors.
6. Columbus Lions football. Catch a Southern Indoor Football game March to June at the Columbus Civic Center. Join the Lady Lions in a cheer or even join the team for try outs.
7. National Civil War Naval Museum. Tour one of the vessels on site or other special exhibits at the museum. Take a guided, haunted or self tour or participate in the Southern Pirate Festival. The museum covers cool water history, River Blast programs and the Water Witch.
8. Steeple Chase at Callaway Gardens. On the first Saturday in November, check out the five Thoroughbred races over timber and brush hurdles. Make it a day with the family with tailgating, pony rides, the Midland Foxhound Parade, chef competition, junior horse races and Jack Russell Terrier races.
9. Columbus Park Crossing. Enjoy the best shopping around at Columbus Park Crossing. See a movie at the Carmike Cinema 15 or make reservations to your favorite restaurant while there.
10. National Infantry Museum. Re-live images of valor and honor at this museum’s galleries of war images, family support and tribute to soldiers from the past and future.