Tue, 14 May 2013 by Rose Anne Erickson Realty
It’s no secret that home buyers these days are spending as much time on Pinterest and watching marathons of their favorite design shows as they are looking for their new home in Columbus GA. Who can resist the wonder of a demolished kitchen raised into a state of the art chef’s dream right before their eyes?
Mon, 22 Apr 2013 by Rose Anne Erickson Realty
While the spring blooms are budding and green leaves are returning the housing market is showing signs of new life as well! If you’re looking for a new home in Opelika AL, you’re not the only one.
Across the board, real estate markets are seeing improvements and buyers in waiting are not waiting any longer! “Clearly, all the signals are positive”, says Nicolas Retsinas of Harvard Business School in an interview with PBS News Hour, “right now, it seems we're moving in a very positive direction.”
Prices are moving up, mortgage rates are still at historic lows and anxious buyers are vying for the perfect home before someone else snatches it up! From move-in ready to new construction, if you want selection when choosing your new home in Opelika AL you can’t act fast enough!
We’re seeing the fastest rate of recovery since the housing bubble burst. Home prices rose 8.1 percent in January - the fastest annual rate since the housing boom in 2006 according to Standard & Poor’s/Case Shiller 20-city index. While prices are rising, they’re still 29% below the peak during the boom. So as a buyer, you can feel confident you’re still getting a good deal!
To take advantage of the recovering market, buyers want to be able to act fast! Now is the time to secure your mortgage loan. Don’t wait until you’ve found the home you want to start applying. Talk to a mortgage professional early. This will help you get qualified, have your required documents in hand and be more appealing to sellers when presenting competing offers! PLUS it’s the best time to lock-in on your mortgage interest rate—as the market continues to improve, it’s inevitable that rates will rise.
Let Rose Anne Erickson Realty help you find your new home in Opelika AL. We represent the highest quality new construction homes in the Columbus GA and Phenix City AL areas as well as desirable pre-owned homes in established neighborhoods. Request information or visit online today to see what’s waiting for you!
Tue, 11 Dec 2012 by Rose Anne Erickson Realty
Worried about selling during the holidays? Don’t be. Instead, take advantage of the season to add a little extra charm to your home for sale in Columbus GA.
Deck the halls with style! Before you string up the bright red and green tinsel, take a look around. Add holiday décor that will compliment your existing color scheme. Stick with deeper cranberry red and warm forest green if your color palette is earthier. Try rich jewel-toned blues, purples, or metallics if your room has a modern flare.
Be mindful of the space in your home for sale in Columbus GA. This may be the year for a store-bought tree. Trade the fresh pine scent of a live tree for a balsam plug-in and buy a tall skinny tree to accentuate high ceilings and open floor space! And if you pack presents underneath, be sure they’re tastefully wrapped and tucked out of the way.
Serious buyers are the ones out shopping in the colder weather. Go the extra mile to make them feel at home with a warm fire glowing, the smell of hot cider on the stove and a plate of cookies (even if they’re store bought) on the table. The longer they linger in your home, the more time they have to imagine themselves there!
Go easy on the reindeer and keep inflatable Santa in storage. You want potential buyers to see your home for sale in Columbus GA and not be distracted by too many shiny objects! However, simple white lights may be a great way to accentuate an architectural feature. Donning your front door with an evergreen wreath or lining your steps with poinsettias can also be a simple welcoming addition.
Take these tips from Rose Anne Erickson Realty and do a little selling along with your shopping this season. If you’re waiting until the holidays are over to list your home for sell, don’t hesitate—beat the crowd and get your home on the market now while the serious buyers are out!
Mon, 16 Jul 2012 by Rose Anne Erickson Realty
Summer entertaining is the highlight of the year for many homeowners of new homes Ft Benning. The long summer days spill into warm nights making it the perfect time to gather with friends and family over southern iced tea and al fresco dinners.
Here are a few décor ideas for your summer soiree from friends at Rose Anne Erickson Realty:
Start with color
Choose your palette for the party incorporating two or three main colors. This will help you choose everything from place settings, decorations, accessories and even your menu! By carrying the color theme throughout your space, it will also help guest identify designated areas where they’re welcome to relax or join in the fun.
Choose a theme
Beach or barn themes are easy and appropriate for this time of year! For a barn theme rustic bales of hay topped with folded quilts or cushions make great seating or stack them and top with trays for a drink station or dessert display. Use Burlap or painted canvas drop cloths as table runners and fold paisley bandannas over draped string in lieu of the popular fabric pennants.
Bring the seaside to new homes Ft Benning by filling buckets with sand and using for pillar candleholders. Use large seashells for serving spoons, adhere starfish or other beach themed pieces to your napkin rings and suspend beach balls from the ceiling instead of blowing up balloons.
Repurpose indoor furniture for your outdoor party. Use chests and toy boxes covered with printed sheets or table cloths as additional tables or ottomans, bring out woven and jute rugs to define sitting areas in your back yard or on your deck. Throw mix-matched seat cushions on your benches and chairs to add comfort and an eclectic flare.
Fresh fruit and flowers make the easiest décor for summer. Use a tiered dessert stand to display clipped fresh flowers in glass votives. Add small clear cups of fresh fruit for a functional, decorative display. Set out a basket of dollar store or hand-made paper fans to keep guests cool. Don’t forget citronella tea lights or candle sticks to ward off pests while adding to the ambiance!
Our team at Rose Anne Erickson Realty has the inside scoop on Real Estate in the Columbus GA, Ft. Benning, and Phenix City AL areas and we’re excited to let you in on the best locations, designs, and value new homes Ft Benning has to offer. Contact us today to learn more.
Mon, 12 Mar 2012 by Rose Anne Erickson Realty
St. Patrick’s Day is one of the most widely celebrated holidays in our country. Did you know St. Patrick is the patron saint of Ireland? Today the holiday is observed in many parts of the world as an observation of Irish heritage and tradition. The day is generally marked with parades and celebrations, wearing green and boasting shamrocks. If you really want to celebrate in Irish True fashion, add a few of these events to your day:
The best celebration begins in your new home in Columbus, GA. Begin the day with a traditional Irish meal of back bacon rashers, fried eggs and black and white pudding (sausage).
Take in some Irish Entertainment. You can catch Na Buachaillí, a visiting band from Ireland, live at Scruffy Murphy’s Irish Pub in Columbus the week of St. Patrick’s Day.
Run the St. Patty's Day 5K, on March 17th beginning at 8:00 a.m. in Columbus. Call 706-464-9803 for more information.
Visit Port Columbus War Naval Museum to see Paddy Goes to Sea: Irishmen in the Civil War Navies, a special St. Patrick’s Day tribute to Irish immigrants and Irish Americans in the Navies of the American Civil War. Saturday, March 17th, 1:30 – 4:30.
Join Uptown in celebrating St. Patrick's Day with a FREE concert featuring The Boneheadz. See you at the 1000 block of Broadway beginning at 7:00pm.
Whether you wrap up your celebration back at your new home in Columbus, GA or out on the town, be sure to include a traditional Irish Toast to friendship:
"May the lilt of Irish laughter
lighten every load.
May the mist of Irish magic
shorten every road...
And may all your friends remember
all the favours you are owed!"
If you’re new to the Columbus, GA area we hope these few suggestions will help you find your way around town this St. Patrick’s day. More importantly, here at Rose Anne Erickson Realty, we would like to help you find your new home in Columbus, GA! Visit us online to view new homes, current listings, or learn more about our services by contacting us.
Mon, 26 Dec 2011 by Rose Anne Erickson Realty
For many families a trip to the tree farm marks the beginning of Holiday festivities each year. For some, this happens as early as the day after Halloween and for the rest of us somewhere very near the end of the Thanksgiving Day parade! This year Rose Anne Erickson Realty has a few tips to help keep your tree and wreath fresh throughout the Holiday.
Choose the freshest tree for your new home near Ft. Benning. If you are not cutting a tree choose one that is deep in color, branches spring back when you gently press them down and few green needles shed when you firmly run your fingers along the branches.
- Your tree will begin to form a seal after just 4 – 6 hours from being cut making it unable to absorb water. Most places will offer to make a fresh cut for you once you choose your tree. You may also ask them to notch the base of the tree to help with absorbing water.
- When you arrive back at your new home near Ft. Benning store the tree in a cool, sheltered area like your garage until you are ready to put it in the stand. Remember, if you don’t get it in water within about 4 hours, you will need to make a fresh cut on the bottom.
- Water your tree daily. Be sure to use a tree stand that holds at least a gallon of water and fill it daily until your tree no longer absorbs water.
- Choose a wreath that is bright in color and full. Juniper, Bay Leaf and Boxwood wreaths are a beautiful alternative to the traditional Frasier or Pine. Wreaths outdoors in shaded areas will need no additional care but wreaths and garland hung inside or on your front door will need misting about every other day to maintain moisture and stay fresh.
- Keep your tree and wreaths away from heat sources inside your new home near Ft. Benning. Not only is it a fire hazard to place them near your fireplace, heat vents and appliances, it will also dry them out sooner.
We hope these tips from Rose Anne Erickson Realty will help keep your tree and wreath fresh throughout the Holiday. Visit us online to view our new home communities and available listings. We would love to help you choose a new home near Ft. Benning to being the New Year!
Thu, 07 Apr 2011 by Rose Anne Erickson
Columbus, GA, Phenix City, AL and the Fort Benning area will see a huge housing boom this summer because of the Base Realignment and Closure Expansion (BRAC). The Fort Benning area is expected to see around 28,000 new residents this summer, including military personnel, service employees and civilian contractors and family members.
Rose Anne Erickson Realty is here to help with that relocation process for all military personnel and their families. Let an experienced realtor from Rose Anne Erickson Realty help you find the perfect home for sale in Columbus, GA for you.
The Fort Benning area is a great place to live. Your new home in Columubus, GA will be close to everything, including plenty of places for shopping, dining, and entertainment. Homes for sale in Columbus, GA are also located in excellent school districts.
Not only are new homes convenient to schools, Fort Benning and entertainment options, but they are also a great value. Your new home in Columbus, GA will suit you and your family’s needs perfectly and may even surprise you. Homes for sale in Columbus, GA are large, well designed, and very affordable.
Columbus, GA’s beautiful neighborhoods and residential communities make it an exceptional place to look for new homes for sale or rent. Family friendly neighborhoods with a military camaraderie, located in top notch school districts make Columbus a wonderful place to raise a family. Fort Benning’s rapid growth, big business, and conveniences of modern living, make it a very desirable place to live for singles, couples and families of all ages.
Tue, 15 Mar 2011 by Rose Anne Erickson Realty
Buying a new home in Columbus, GA is a long term investment for you and your family. As you and your family change, your housing needs will also change. Rose Anne Erickson Realty can help you decide when is the right time for you to upgrade your current home to meet your changing needs and find a new dream home for you and your family.
- The first thing to consider when thinking about moving up to a new home in Columbus, GA, is to talk with your realtor about housing trends in your area and the area where you want to relocate. Are the homes in your area holding their value? Are their values improving? Look at other houses in your area and compare them to your current home. Look at the houses where you would like to live for the same kind of trends.
- You might also want to talk to your realtor about your current home’s equity to see how much you can use to finance your new home in Columbus, GA. Have your home appraised. Compare your findings to other similar homes in your area so you have a realistic view of your home’s equity.
- Check your personal finances to come up with a realistic figure of what you can afford for your new home in Columbus, GA. Do you have a steady job and steady income? Do you have money in savings? Do you have enough for a down payment? Can you afford a larger mortgage and higher property taxes? Your realtor from Rose Anne Erickson Realty can help you decide what new homes are in your price range.
- Look for new homes in Columbus, GA that are energy efficient. All new homes built in the Fort Benning area by Grayhawk Homes are Energy Star Certified. Energy Star appliances and energy efficient homes will help you save money on your energy bill. Saving money with efficient HVAC and appliances can help you save time and money.
- When considering your upgrade to a larger home, consider your family’s input. What type of house will your kids need? Do you want to live close to their school and near their extracurricular activities? Do you need a larger backyard, larger bedrooms, kitchen and home office? Consider what your family will need as you change and grow in the future.